Yoshida Ushinomiya-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, JAPAN
TEL: +81-75-753-9767 Email: email@example.com
|Date of Birth||01-11-1986|
|2013-2016||PhD Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan|
|2011-2013||MS. Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan|
|2004-2009||BS. College of Pharmacy, Damascus University, Syria|
|2018-current||Program-Specific Assistant Professor, Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences (WPI-iCeMS), Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan|
|2016-2018||Research Scientist, R&D Department, Rohto Pharmaceutics, Kyoto, Japan|
|2014-2015||Teacher Assistant, Super Science Program, Sagano High School, Kyoto, Japan.|
List of academic achievements
- Abdalkader, R., Kamei, K. Multi-corneal barriers-on-a-chip to recapitulate eye blinking shear stress forces. bioRxiv 2019.12.23.886242; org/10.1101/2019.12.23.886242.
- Abdalkader, R., Unga, J., Yamashita, F., Maruyama, K., & Hashida, M. Evaluation of the theranostic potential of perfluorohexane-based acoustic nanodroplets.Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 2019; 42: 2038–2044. (Refereed).
- Abdalkader, R., Kawakami, S., Unga, J., Higuchi, Y., Suzuki, R., Maruyama, K., & Hashida, M. The development of mechanically formed stable nanobubbles intended for sonoporation-mediated gene transfection. Drug Delivery. 2017; 24: 320–327. (Refereed).
- Abdalkader, R., Kawakami, S., Unga, J., Suzuki, R., Maruyama, K., Yamashita, F., & Hashida, M. Evaluation of the potential of doxorubicin-loaded microbubbles as a theranostic modality using a murine tumor model.Acta Biomaterialia. 2015;19: 112–118. (Refereed).
- Abdalkader, R. and Hashida, M. Focused ultrasound ablation enhancement of specific antitumor immunity (Book title: Image-guided Focused Ultrasound Therapy: Physics and Clinical Applications). 2018; CRC Press LLC, ISBN 149871135.
- Poster: The effect of Pluronic F127 on enhancing retinol palmitate delivery in human corneal epithelial cells. World Ophthalmology Congress of the International Council of Ophthalmology. 2018; Barcelona.
- Poster: The formulation and evaluation of nano-sized bubbles for sustainable gene expression in mice limb muscles. The 1st Workshop for Japan-Korea Young Scientists on pharmaceutical sciences. 2016; Kyoto.
- Poster: The Development of phase shift acoustic nanodroplets (PSANDs) and their potential use in ultrasound theranostics. The 12th congress of the Asian Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. 2016; Kyoto.
- Poster: The formation of doxorubicin-loaded microbubbles and their role in tumor theranostics. iCeMS International Symposium. Hierarchical Dynamics in Soft Material and Biological matter. 2015; Kyoto.
- Oral presentation: Ultrasound triggered doxorubicin-loaded microbubbles as a novel approach in cancer. 29th Annual meeting of the Japanese Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology. 2014; Saitama.
- Poster: Ultrasound triggered doxorubicin-loaded microbubbles: a novel strategy toward more effective therapeutic outcomes in cancer. FIP congress PSWC. 2014; Melbourne.
- Poster: Theranostic doxorubicin-loaded microbubbles as a novel approach in cancer. UK-Japan workshop on inorganic framework material. 2013; Kyoto.
- Oral presentation: (2013). Ultrasound triggered doxorubicin-loaded microbubbles for effective therapeutic outcomes in melanoma. 72nd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Cancer Association. 2013; Yokohama.
- Dynamic organ-on-a-chip platforms for the recapitulation of human epithelium and their implication in drug development. Institute of Microstructure Technology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). 2019; Karlsruhe (Germany).
- Dynamic organ-on-a-chip platforms for the recapitulation of human epithelium and their implication in drug development. Helmholtz-Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS). 2019; Saarbrucken (Germany).
- Phospholipids-based doxorubicin-loaded microbubbles as a novel tumor theranostic agent. The 8th Seoul-Kyoto-Osaka joint symposium on Pharmaceutical Sciences for young scientists. Osaka University. 2014; Osaka (Japan).
- Global Education Seminar Award from the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Japan. Keio University. 2015; Yokohama.
- Kyoto University iCeMS internalization travel funding program. 2019. Full trip expenses during the stay in Germany.
- The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) Scholarship. 2011 to 2016. Full scholarship.